VOLUNTEERS - WE NEED YOU!!
Listed below are some specific Mitchell Elementary volunteer opportunities throughout the year:
- Helping in the lunchroom during the first few weeks of school
- Reading with children
- Helping the teachers with workroom projects and centers
- Compiling weekly information packets that go home with the children
- Helping in the front office by answering the phone and the front door
- Assisting with Meteor Press Publications, a PTA sponsored event where each child can write and publish a book
- Selling school supplies during lunch
- Assisting in the library with books and/or the Book Fairs
- Field trips
- Dads to help with the safe school initiative of the National Center for Fathering (WATCH D.O.G.S)
We also need parent volunteers to help us organize and coordinate one time special events such as:
- International Day
- Book Fair
- School Carnival
- Silent Auction
- Auction pick-up
- Fall Festival
- Field day
- Teacher Appreciation
- World Art Night
- Parents who work outside the home are invited to volunteer for any of our PTA sponsored events held outside of school hours.
Please think about volunteering, it means so much to the children and teachers! Even if you can only volunteer once for an hour or two, we need and want your help. Parental involvement is part of why we have a great school, so please volunteer today! ALL volunteers, NEW and RETURNING, are required to complete the online volunteer application.