Mitchell After School Activities (ASA) Program
Mitchell PTA is excited to welcome the After School Activities (ASA) Program for students this year! Before registering, please read all of the policies and forms below. Scroll down for the schedule, more details and signup links.
Steps to Register:
1. Read and electronically sign the Parent Agreement (please sign one per child).
2. Register for programs on third party sites linked below.
3. Submit a volunteer application through PISD (https://plano.voly.org/) ASAP.
4. Sign up for your chaperone spot.
- The PTA will send a link to sign up to be a Volunteer Chaperone after confirming registration with the vendor.
- Parents/Guardians will need to sign up to attend one activity per semester for each of the programs in which you have a child participating.
- School administration will be present on campus during after school activities.
- If this requirement will prevent you from enrolling, please contact the PTA at email@example.com.
ASA Student Pick-up:
Pick up student(s) promptly. Bring the Mitchell pick-up tag or ID.
- Pick up time is 4:00 p.m.
- Please pick up in the front carpool line with your Mitchell pick up tag at the activity's end time. Adults picking up without the pick-up tag will be asked for their ID to demonstrate that they are an adult approved for pick-up.
- PASAR information can be found in the parent agreement form
- Any families late to pick-up need to call the vendor/instructor directly with the number given at registration.
- Late pick-up jeopardizes families’ participation in the program. Refunds are at the discretion of the vendor. Some vendors may have fees for late pick up.
For questions, please contact the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates of the ASA Program:
All fall programs will meet the week of September 5th through the week of December 5th, 2023, unless otherwise noted by the vendor (see below). No activities will run during any student holidays. Class dates and times are listed below.
Tuesday: Dynasty Dance Academy & iCode Tech Club
Wednesday: Kidokinetics Net Games
Thursday: Drama Kids
Friday: Texas Chess Center
Check out detailed information below including descriptions, third party websites, and how to register!
If you are in need of scholarship or tuition assistance, some programs might be able to help. Please contact the program directly. Bilingual instructors are not guaranteed. Third-party vendors will offer the classes. All contracts for services, payments, and scholarship agreements are with the vendors, not Mitchell ES or the Mitchell PTA.
Program: Dynasty Dance Academy
Dates: OPTION 1: 8 weeks September 5th-October 31st
OPTION 2: 12 weeks September 5th-December 5th
Holidays: 10/10, 11/21
Day: Tuesdays, 2:55-3:55pm
Cost: OPTION 1: $15 registration, $130
OPTION 2: $15 registration, $185 & $95 recital costume fee
*Payment Plans are only available for a 12-week program.*
Program: Drama Kids
All of our Drama Kids classes utilize a unique, fun, and imaginative, drama curriculum developed over 25 years that ensure all students will fully participate and benefit from each class. We help children develop confidence, creative thinking, acting abilities, public speaking skills, self esteem, leadership and teamwork. All of this is provided by skillful, caring teachers who are fully trained in our program and are focused on providing individualized attention and positive reinforcement to each student.
Dates: September 7th-December 7th
Holidays: 10/12, 11/22
Day: Thursday, 3-4pm
Program: iCode Tech Club
Dates: September 5th-December 5th
Holidays: 10/10, 11/7, 11/21
Day: Tuesday 3:00-3:50pm
Grades: 1st-3rd, & 4th-5th
Program: Kidokinetics, Net it Out (Net Games Clinic)
Kidokinetics Net it Out program is designed to introduce children to a variety of net games. During the program our coaches will help children learn the fundamentals of Tennis, Pickleball, Spikeball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball- anything with a net! Net games are great for developing key physical skills including agility, accuracy and coordination. Our coaches include fun games along with basic skill introduction to create a positive learning environment and promote self confidence! All equipment is provided!
Dates: September 6th-December 6th
Holidays: 10/11, 11/22
Day: Wednesdays 3-4pm
Cost: $215 (10% discount for siblings)
Program: Texas Chess Center
Dates: September 8th-December 8th
Holidays: 10/13, 11/24
Day: Friday 2:55pm-3:55pm
Flier: Texas Chess Center
Bent Tree West Mitchell Elementary Tennis Program
Find more information here on this afterschool tennis programs. The Bent Tree West Tennis Program for Mitchell Elementary is not a PTA affiliated vendor.